The Rogosin Institute is a non-profit medical care and research organization affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian Health Hospital and Weill Cornell Medicine. Rogosin is one of the premier centers for the diagnosis and management of kidney disease in the country. The Institute also treats patients with diabetes, hypertension, lipid disorders and cancer and conducts research in these areas.
The Development Office at The Rogosin Institute has an immediate opening for a Development Coordinator, who plays an important role in a four-person team. The Coordinator participates in all fundraising activities including special events, direct mail appeals, donor acknowledgement, website and social media. S/he will also provide administrative support to the Development Office. This a position with wide-ranging responsibilities and is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants a career in the non-profit sector. S/he should be capable of taking on projects and being responsible for their successful completion.
- Provide support for all special events including Gala, Golf Tournament, Wine Tasting and donor cultivation events
- Assist with mailings, phone inquiries, rsvp’s, in-kind gift tracking and other duties as needed
- Organize internal events (with oversight as needed) such as Board Meetings, Symposium and Health Fairs
- Occasional evening hours required for events
Database Management and Donation Processing
- Responsible for updating, adding and maintaining donor records in the database
- Responsible for gift entry process, including copying checks, tracking batches, running financial reports and reconciling deposits with financial office
- Prepare thank you letters
- Assist with creation of donor lists for fundraising and newsletter mailings
- Handling all donation-related paperwork and maintaining files
Mailings and Mail List Maintenance
- Help in design of RI Newsletter
- Help design invitations
- Design and run queries from database for special mailings
- Perform mail merges for solicitations and other mailings such as annual and mid- year appeals and newsletters
Major Gift Support
- Conduct research as needed on major donors and prospects to quantify wealth and help prioritize outreach efforts. Enter information into donor database
- Create Major Gift donor profiles to prepare for donor/prospect meetings
- Update contact notes after donor conversations/meetings take place
- Conduct research on foundations most appropriate for specific proposals submissions.
- Maintain a calendar of when reports and new grant requests need to be done.
- Coordinate meeting dates/attendance of Development Committee
- Prepares Minutes from Development Committee Meetings and Advisory Committee Meetings
- Maintain Board Book for all board members
- Create, route and file Development accounts payable check requests
- Track department expenses annually in excel spreadsheet
- Assist with general support for the Development department
- Answer phones for the Development department
- Assist with phones for Executive office as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years prior experience in Fundraising/Development, communications and/or special event planning
- Excellent computer skills. High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required. Knowledge of PowerPoint and Quark preferred.
- Capable of taking on projects and being responsible for their successful completion
- Excellent organizational skills, high attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Prior experience with databases preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional attitude and appearance
Interested applicants should forward an updated resume and salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org.